Tuesday 6 December 2011

Ribbon embellishment

I was growing bored with making labels so I wanted to do something else that was small and wouldn't take too long. Got out my ribbon stash and some of the plastic buttons I still have around the house from before my MustNotBuyPlastic revelation and made this!
Isn't it cute? And the photograph is not too bad either, is it? Ribbon, sewing thread and button used cost me just €0.43 for a ribbon embellishment that's about 7 cm diameter. I'm thinking about what to do about fastening it. I made it as strong and secure as I could because I would want to reuse it as often as possible. I thought about using a strong magnet so it can hold papers and receipts etc on a fridge or magnetic memo board. Haven't got magnets yet to try it out on, must buy some. I could also sew on some fine elastic to the back so it can be slipped around bottles or small gifts. As for other gifts, such as flat or large shapes... I could use a small piece of double-sided sticky tape but then that would have to be replaced every time it's been used. Plus it probably wouldn't be very secure. Any suggestions are welcome if you have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails